Thursday, March 27, 2008

A minor heart attack

I had a minor heart attack yesterday...

I got an email from my social worker at the adoption agency. The subject heading was "GREAT NEWS!!!"

My heart started pounding, my eyes teared up....I clicked on the email....and it WASN'T MY REFERRAL!

Talk about major disappointment! I had to go have Mexican food for lunch so that I could recover.

The news was good, however. 18 of our agency's families have gotten their baby's Visas (I600 approval) in the last couple of weeks. It seems like the logjam has finally broken. I'm hoping everything will be smoothed out by the time we apply and we will get our approval quickly.

Just FYI, I heard of one family who got their approval in 12 days. Another who got it in one day! I've also heard of families who have waited over 100 days and still no news. Other families are "stuck" because Vietnamese and US officials are not cooperating and their cases are not being investigated.

No comments: