Saturday, March 8, 2008

Friday Five

I thought it would be fun to start posting the "Friday Five." Just for fun, all the people in our China-March-2007 Yahoo Group do these every week.

1. Tell us one interesting thing you know about China's History?
Chinese navigators invented the magnetic compass (which I've just been reading about in Camping for Dummies....see below).

2. What ONE book would you say changed your life?
Books are very important to me (obviously, since I'm a librarian). It's really difficult for me to select just one. I guess I will go with the book that's been most memorable to me over the last several years....it's called The Waiting Child: How the Faith and Love of One Orphan Saved the Life of Another. It made me want to adopt about 5 more little ones from China.

3. What are you reading these days?
Camping for Dummies, Dragon Rider (I'm a children's librarian), A Cold-Blooded Business (murder mystery set in Alaska), Staying Home Instead: How to Balance Your Family Life and Your Checkbook

4. If you could live in another time period which would it be?
Approximately 30,000 years or so ago during the ice age (but not living too close to the glaciers). I would love to be like Ayla from Clan of the Cave Bear....she could do almost anything.....living with her cave of people sounds like great fun, too.

5. What is the weather where you are right now?
It's about 45 degrees and clear. However, within the last 10 days North Texas has had two snow storms separated by a few days of seventy degree weather! Pretty crazy weather, even by Texas standards.

No comments: