Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday

We are counting down the days until we can leave! Hanoi is really crazy.....I'm getting to where I don't even want to go outside anymore because I always feel like I'm going to get run over by a motorbike. There are so many of them and they are insane!

I feel like things will be easier for us and the baby when we get home, too. Poor little guy has been having night terrors (at least that's what I think they are). One of the adoption books I read said that adopted babies often have them.....it may be their way of grieving their losses (favorite nanny, familiar surroundings, etc). In one of them he just screamed and screamed in the middle of the night and we couldn't comfort him because he's asleep! Some of the others he cries the saddes, most mournful sobs you've ever heard. It's heart-wrenching. During the day he's a happy, laid-back little guy. I hope his night terrors will fade soon.

Today was a pretty boring day! We were going to go swimming at the hotel of another adopting family, but we found out it would cost $12 a person so we said "never mind." Eddie and the baby did a little bit of shopping--we are trying to buy all our christmas presents here....we've gotten some neat stuff. Now I guess we'll have a bath and go to bed. Tomorrow we're going to see the "water puppet" show. It's puppet show on water with Vietnamese music....they apprently used to do these on the rice paddies hundreds of years ago. It's supposed to be a really neat experience. Then Monday we should pick up his Visa and Tuesday leave! Yea!

I can't post any pictures right now because the CD drive on ths computer doesn't work and the other one is occupied.....maybe if I hang around a while the other person will get up...

2 comments:

Coleson Chronicles said...

Andrew and Essie did that night crying thing too. Especially Andrew and there was nothing I could do but hold him while he screamed. I don't think they were ever really awake. They both eventually grew out of it. I was glad we were in a house by the time Andrew started the night stuff instead of an apartment or I'm afraid someone would've turned us in for child abuse.

Garbageman's Daughter said...

Don't worry about the night terrors. He is at the exact right age for them to start. Adam just started getting them too.

Try to wake him competely, and the crying should stop. He should back to sleep quickly.